SIG P226 Magwell for "most" SAO and "some" DASA models.
Please read the whole description below to ensure compatibilty of the frame and magazines!
Three variants are available:
- Silver / Aluminum finish (13 grams)
- Black anodizing over aluminum (13 grams)
- Black nitride over STEEL (40 grams)
Excellent if you would like to add some weight, especially with aluminum frames.
P226 SAO guns with safeties:
- P226 SAO Legion
- P226 SAO Elite (inluding P226 SAO 22LR)
- P226 X5/X6 SAO - Gen 2 as well as Gen 1 (226 "S") models
- Please see the image #5 above and compare with your frame after you remove of the grips.
P226 DASA guns with decockers - fits ONLY these models:
- P226 X5/X6 DASA ALLROUND (Gen 2 as well as Gen 1 (226 "S" models)
- P226 DASA LDC and LDC II models
- "NEW" production DASA US-made pistols that have a specific cutout in the bottom of the frame. Please see the image #5 above and compare with your frame after you remove of the grips.
- 15 rd SIG or MecGar magazines
- 17 rd SIG or MecGar magazines
- 20 rd Tacops magazines made by ProMag. Must be the ProMag magazines that have a 'metal 18rd tube' + a large Plus-2 base pad (which will have to be removed in order for this magazine work with this magwell).
- ALL magazines mentioned above should be used either with the original German X5/6 Plus-2 base pads or the considerably more affordable Plus-2 Armory Craft base pads (seen in the last picture in the above image gallery - please click HERE.)
- These base pads will increase the capacity of these magazines mentioned above by 2 additional rounds - to 17, 19 and 20rd respectively.
- 18 / 20rd MecGar magazines will NOT work properly with this magwell or the aforementioned Plus-2 base pads. The base pads will fit, but there will be a large gap where the magazine sticks out of the frame.
Important - Please read:
- ALL US-made P226 SAO (P226 Legion and P226 Elite), 'some' NEW DASA models, as well as 'some' LDC pistols will also need a new hammer strut seat, which we offer. Please select it from the drop down menu. Please look at the bottom of your pistol. If you do not see a hammer seat with a brass insert to accept a screw (red arrow, Image #1 above) - you will need to get this hammer seat from us. You can select the hammer seat from the above drop-down menu.
- All Gen 1 X5/X6 pistols will also need this new hammer strut seat PLUS the current production (longer) hammer strut, which can be purchased from SIG or other online SIG parts vendors. Please also select the hammer strut seat from the drop down menu.
M3 x 12 Socket Head screw is included. You will need M2.5 Allen wrench to install the magwell.